Think over, think ahead, think back – phrasal verbs
Think with particles
– consider (something) seriously before deciding.
- Your offer is very attractive but I need to think it over before I can let you know my decision.
- My mother doesn’t know if she can travel so far, she needs to talk to her doctor and then think it over
– make plans or arrange things for the future
- We were very happy with our results in these games, but now we are already thinking ahead to the next Olympics.
- Let’s take things day by day and not think ahead so much.
– remember a time in the past
- When I think back to when I first saw this house I never imagined that one day I’d be living here.
- Teacher: I want you all to think back to your first day at secondary school. What things can you recall?